Expert Results from the Working Gardener
The pride of the Victoria BC.
The working gardener takes great pride in their expert results and we think it shows, making them the pride of Victoria BC.
A gallery showcasing some of our work over the last few years. Happy clients and fantastic results. Start your Victoria BC garden concept today.
Things to think about when working in the garden
Your back garden is probably the most important part of any concept. Whilst the front is very important, as a visual aesthetic for people passing by, the backyard is where you would spend the majority of your time, as well as entertain guests.
When creating your garden, it is good idea as a gardener to think about some of the following;
- where you would like to relax; will this be right next to the house, or if not….
- how will you get to the seating areas and what will you walk on, to get there.
- what are the grades like in the yard. do you need steps or walls to create maximum use-able area’s.
- what would you like in the yard; Bar-b-que, Hot-tub, fire pit, pool, lawn, planting beds, if you’re an avid gardener do you want a vegetable patch.
- what do you want for screening or privacy; hedge or fence.
- where are the downspouts or drainage points and where will the water go.
- do you want a shed and if so, where you would like it.
- are there any existing factors to consider into your new garden ideas. Utilities, trees, etc
These are all key points, when coming up with ideas for your new garden concept, as they will make it that much better, if everything as a clean and smooth layout as well as functionality.
Safety around your garden
Another aspect to consider in any gardeners paradise is safety. If you have a pool or retaining walls, does the city of Victoria BC require you to have any kind of fencing. If you have children, then this is advisable for any kind of substantial grade change. Also check with your local governing body, as to what the maximum wall heights allowed are, before any style of fence or railing is required. Also if you have steps, do you require a hand rail, again it is advisable, if it is a wide set of steps or if you have young children or elderly people using them.
Putting our Clients and their Gardens first
Nothing matters more than client satisfaction, which is why we pride our selves on not only being transparent, but also explaining our process from start to finish. That means involving you in the building stage too. We wont actually get you to do the work, but our working gardeners will let you know why we build our gardens the way we do and what the pro’s and con’s are to doing it that way. We feel this allows you to see how good the gardeners installation process is. It also means you know what is in your garden as well as how it looks. Communication and knowledge from our gardeners every step of the way, will give you satisfaction of a garden that is well built.